HW: Study for tomorrow's test.
Today in class we finished the Chapter 2 Timeline, reviewed the Ch. 2 Learning Targets, and reviewed for the Chapter 2 Test.
HW: Study for tomorrow's test.
- Completed a Venn Diagram to compare the NJ Plan and the Virginia Plan.
- Took notes on the Compromises of the Constitutional Convention.
- Finished the third column of the Articles of Confederation chart.
- Took notes on the Ratification Debate.
- Worked to identify the main arguments of the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.
HW: Review learning targets in preparation for the test.
- Continued our study of the arguments of the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.
- Completed a short writing assignment about the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists. The assignment is in the Tuesday folder.
- Discussed the most compelling arguments of the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.
- Finished our notes on the Federalists and Anti-Federalists.
- Started a timeline of events significant to our study of the Founding.
HW: Study for Thursday's test.
Today in class we watched a video about Shays's Rebellion. If you were absent you need to make sure that you get the notes from a friend. We also took notes on the Constitutional Convention.
There is no homework. Have a good weekend. :)
Essays were due today!!!!
Today in class we finished our study of the Declaration of Independence and started our study of the Articles of Confederation. If you were absent, be sure to get the notes from a friend. If you were absent you will also need to complete the assignment on Shays's Rebellion and Annapolis Convention (see Thursday folder).
Answer questions 1-3 on the Chapter 2 worksheet (in the Thursday folder). You do not have to answer questions 4, 5, and 7. Question #6 is extra credit.
Today in class we:
Today in class we recognized Constitution Day and then continued our study of Chapter 2.
If you were absent:
-Get the notes from a friend.
- Read the Declaration of Independence (p. 770 of textbook).
Essay due on Thursday.
Today in class we went over the Chapter 1 Test and started our study of Chapter 2.
For our study of Chapter 2, we discussed some of the colonial influences on the Constitution we have today. If you were absent, read Chapter 2, Sections 1 and 2 AND get the notes from a friend.
HW: Core Democratic Essay due on Thursday.
Today in class we watched (and then discussed) President Obama's speech to the nation from earlier in the week. We also analyzed the Learning Targets for Chapter 2 and received vocabulary terms for Chapter 2.
PowerSchool printouts were due today!
Today in class we completed the Chapter 1 Test.
Remember that your PowerSchool printout is due tomorrow.
Today in class we finished our study of Chapter 1. Specifically we:
The homework is to:
About This Blog
This blog is a daily summary of our class activities and assignments. It is your responsibility to find out what you missed when you are absent from class, and this blog will help you do that. I will update the blog daily. It is my expectation that YOU will check it on days that you are absent. You may also check the blog if you forget to write down a homework assignment.