Alma High School National Honor Society Chapter
What is National Honor Society?
National Honor Society is an organization which recognizes those students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of scholarship, character, leadership, and service. Students may be invited to join NHS during their sophomore, junior, or senior year (after being enrolled in high school for a minimum of four trimesters) . To be eligible for membership a student must:
1. Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.40 or higher.
2. Receive a faculty rating of 3.0 or higher in the area of service. Emphasis is on service to both the school and community.
3. Receive a faculty rating of 3.0 or higher in the area of character. Emphasis is on honesty, integrity, dependability, and concern for others.
4. Receive a faculty rating of 3.0 or higher in the area of leadership. Emphasis is on active class or school leadership in academics, extracurricular activities, and social concerns.
5. Complete a Selection Information Packet.
Induction into the National Honor Society is usually held in the spring. Retention of membership in the organization is dependent on continuing excellence in all four virtues listed above.
2019 NHS Selection Documents
Remember: It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to make sure that you complete and return ALL parts of the packet. It is recommended that you pick up a packet from Mrs. Eggenberger and use it as a guide to make sure that you are completing all parts of the packet.
Selection Information Packet (Microsoft Word) (Recommended format)
Selection Information Packet (Google Doc): Part I and Part II