If you were absent today get the notes from a friend (non-leg powers of Congress and How a Bill Becomes a Law).
Today in class we:
1. Complete the assignment (committees) in the Monday folder.
2. Took notes on Congressional Leadership.
The homework is to read Article I and identify the expressed powers of Congress.
Today in class we:
1. Discussed redistricting.
2. Watched a video about redistricting.
3. Took notes. Get the notes (Jobs of a Member of Congress) from a friend.
4. Complete the committee assignment (see Friday folder).
If you were absent you missed the Chapter 4 Test. Please make arrangements to make-up the test.
You also missed notes on the House and Senate (get from a friend). Finally, complete the redistricting assignment (see Thursday folder).
If you were absent today you missed a review of the Chapter 4 Learning Targets. You also missed notes on the Legislative Branch. Be sure to get the notes from a friend.
Remember: The Chapter 4 Test is Thursday.
If you were absent today you missed notes (how federalism impacts politics and policy-making). Be sure to get the notes from a friend.
Also - Identify how federalism is good for democracy, as well as pros and cons of federalism.
The Chapter 4 Test is Thursday.
Thursday, April 18th
If you were absent today, get the video questions from a friend. Also, read pages 106-107 and identify the beliefs of the nationalists and the beliefs of states rightists.
Friday, April 19th - No School (Good Friday)
Monday, April 22nd
1. Review your Learning Targets for Chapter 4.
2. Get the notes from a friend (Evolution of Federalism)
3. Complete the cooperative learning activity (in Monday folder).
4. Complete the following short writing assignment. Turn in for a grade. Which level of government should have more responsibility: the national government or the states? Why? Defend your answer.
If you were absent today:
1. Read the McCulloch v. Maryland case study.
2. Get the notes from a friend (McCulloch v. Maryland, Supremacy Clause, Obligations).
3. Read p. 103 and 104.
4. Define: Full Faith and Credit, Extradition, and Privileges and Immunities
If you were absent you missed the Chapter 3 Test. Be sure to make arrangements to make-up the test. You also missed notes on Chapter 4. Get the notes from a friend.
Today in class we reviewed for tomorrow's Chapter 3 Test, analyzed the Chapter 2 Test, and started Chapter 4.
The homework is to study for the Chapter 3 Test.
About This Blog
This blog is a daily summary of our class activities and assignments. It is your responsibility to find out what you missed when you are absent from class, and this blog will help you do that. I will update the blog daily. It is my expectation that YOU will check it on days that you are absent. You may also check the blog if you forget to write down a homework assignment.