- Discussed and took notes on the conept of the state, the characteristics of a state, and the four theories on the origin of the state. We also discussed how a "state" is different from a "nation" and from a "nation-state".
- Identified the purposes of government.
- Watched the video "Government and You".
The homework is
1. Read Chapter 1, Section 2 and complete the accompanying worksheet.
2. Remeber that your test is tentatively scheduled for 2.2.10.
3. Get a three ring binder by Friday.
4. You may get a book cover for extra credit.