1. Reviewed the learning targets for Chapter 3.
2. Reviewed the Three Branches Chart from yesterday.
3. Took notes on the Amendment Process. Be sure to get the notes from a friend.
4. Discussed the questions below
5. Completed the Chapter 3, Section 4 Guided Reading.
The homework is to finish the Chapter 3, Section 4 Guided Reading.
Formal Amendment Process Questions (#4
1. The national convention method of proposing Constitutional amendments has never been used. Why do you think it has never been used?
2. In ratifying amendments, state legislatures are used more often than state conventions. Why do you think this is?
3. When ratifying amendments, what would be the advantages of using state conventions over state legislatures?
4. How does the formal amendment process emphasize federalism?