1. Complete your Federalist v. Anti-Federalist Chart (which we started on Thursday)
2. Complete the following journal writing: If you had been alive during the ratification debate, would you have been a Federalist or an Anti-Federalist? Why? What are the most compelling arguments for the group you would have supported?
3. Think about the following questions:
- What were the Anti-Federalists right about? In other words, have any of their concerns become reality? If so, which?
- What concerns of the Anti-Federalists have proven false?
- What were the Federalists correct about? Has the Constitution of 1787 worked the way they intended? If so, in what ways?
- What were the Federalists incorrect about? How has the Constitution of 1787 failed to work the way they intended?
If you were absent on Monday, October 2nd:
1. You missed a discussion of the Federalists and the Anti-Federalists.
2. You missed a formal paper assignment. Get the assignment from the Monday folder.
3. You missed a discussion of the significance of Marbury v. Madison. You should get discussion notes from a friend.
Read 49-59 by tomorrow; Read the rest of Chapter 3 by Thursday.
Thesis/Topic due 10/9
CE due 10/13.
Outline due 10/18.
Paper due 10/24.