Extra Credit for CE Quiz
CE Project #1
Today in class we finished the trade and regulation section of the Chapter 4 notes. If you were absent, use Chapter 4 of your O'Neil textbook to complete.
We also started a cooperative learning discussion of the Political-Economic Systems (below). If you were absent, complete questions 1 and 2 below. We will discuss question 3 in class on Tuesday.
There is no homework. Test should be the end of next week.
Political Economic Systems Cooperative Learning
Discuss the following questions in your cooperative group.
Choose a group leader. The leader will….
- Ensure that every group member contributes to the discussion.
- Ensure that the group reaches a consensus on questions 1 and 2.
- Ensure that every group member shares their answer for question 3
1. Name the political-economic systems.
2. For each political-economic system, discuss the following:
- What is the level of state power?
- How much does the state regulate the economy?
- Who owns property?
- What is the level of public goods / social programs?
- What is the level of taxation?
- Describe trade policy/philosophy.
- What is the goal? Freedom or equality?
3. The four political economic models attempt to find the ideal relationship between freedom and equality. In your opinion, which of the four models has the best relationship between freedom and equality? Why?