Remember to study for Monday's test.
Three Branches of Government Essay Assignment
- Answer the following question completely, using essay form.
- Do your own work. Any evidence of cheating will result in failure.
- Be sure to illustrate your essay with specific examples.
- This essay will be counted as a test grade.
- Your essay should be approximately ¾ of a page in length.
The founders of the United States Constitution wanted to make sure that no one leader ever had too much power. So they created a government with three branches and gave each branch the ability to check the other two branches. Write an essay explaining this Constitutional arrangement of separation of powers and checks and balances. At minimum, your essay needs to contain the following:
a. A description of the function of each branch of government
b. A description of how each branch can check the power of the other two branches.